The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) gives individuals the opportunity to receive college credit for what they already know by earning qualifying scores on any of the 33 examinations. The cost of each CLEP exam is $115 (Two separate payments: $80 payable to CLEP and $35 payable to Warren County Career Center. Each exam is 90 minutes long, and except for English Composition with Essay, is made up primarily of multiple-choice questions. Students can earn credit for knowledge they’ve acquired through independent study, prior course work, on-the-job training, professional development, cultural pursuits, or internships.
A satisfactory score on a CLEP exam can earn the student 3 to 12 college credits. People of a wide range of ages and from all walks of life have benefited from earning credit through CLEP over the years. CLEP helps people demonstrate their college-level knowledge and earn college credit — regardless of where or how they acquired the knowledge.
• Students entering college who hope to accelerate their studies or focus on advanced course work. CLEP allows students to bypass introductory courses they have already mastered and move directly into more advances and challenging course work
• High school students who want to shorten the time it takes to earn a degree. If a student obtains undergraduate credits through CLEP, he or she may be exempted from the corresponding course
• Home schooled students who want to demonstrate their knowledge
• Students who have high SAT or ACT scores, and/or students who have taken honors or high-level courses in high school
• Students who have performed exceptionally well in a specific high school course that CLEP testing also offers
• Students who speak French, German, or Spanish fluently and want to earn college credit for this valuable skill
• Students who are thinking of "stopping" out of college or taking a semester off: If these students are experiencing time, financial, or personal challenges, they may be able by stay enrolled by earning credit through CLEP exams
• PSEO students who want extra credits for courses they were unable to take
• College students who want to advance toward their degrees and save money
• Working adult students with busy schedules
• International students looking to demonstrate and transfer knowledge obtained overseas
• Military service members and veterans who want to earn their college degrees and take advantage of their military education benefits
Note: Each college has its own policies pertaining to acceptance of CLEP exam scores. Please check with your college of choice for their specific policies before taking one of the CLEP exams.
How to Register for a CLEP Exam:
1. CLEP exams are administered at the WCCC Main Campus in Lebanon on scheduled dates and times.
2. The cost of each CLEP exam is $115 (Two separate payments: $80 payable to CLEP and $35 payable to the Warren County Career Center).
3. Test-Takers must register for the CLEP exams online at http://clep.collegeboard.org. Print the ticket with the ID and ticket number to present to test proctor on day of testing.
4. After registering online, call the WCCC Adult Education Testing Center, 513.933.3936, to schedule a date/time to test. Provide name and phone number.
5. On day of testing, bring one form of identification: one government issued photo ID with signature (e.g. State ID, driver’s license, state-issued ID card, tribal ID, naturalization card or certificate of citizenship, passport) and an additional ID (another government ID listed above, or student ID, military ID).
Test Center hours: Mondays 1-8 p.m.; Wednesdays and Thursdays 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.