This program is fully accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
Employment of medical assistants is projected to grow 29% through 2022, much faster than the average for all occupations. The growth of the aging baby-boom population will continue to spur demand for preventative medical services, which are often provided by physicians. As their practices expand, physicians will hire more assistants to perform routine administrative and clinical duties, allowing the physicians to see more patients.
Curriculum units include (but are not limited to) pharmacology, clinical procedures, anatomy and physiology, medical math, medical coding, medical ethics, and much more. Students are required to complete a 220 hour unpaid externship as part of the 900 hour course. The externship is scheduled after all course work is completed. Students will earn their CCMA (Certified Clinical Medical Assistant) from NHA (National Healthcareer Association).
• High School diploma or GED
• Complete the WorkKeys assessment
• Attend Program Orientation with program coordinator
Required Prior to Externship:
• Pass FBI/BCI background check
• Required immunizations: Current Physical with TB (2-step), Hepatitis B Series, 2-MMR vaccines or titer, flu vaccine, and Tetanus.
• Total Program Hours: 900
• Theory Hours: 595
• Lab Hours: 305
Career-Technical Instructional Modules:
MODULE THEORY LAB
CPR/BLS Healthcare Provider/First Aid 5 5
Keyboarding 10 10
Computer Basics 10 10
WORD 10 10
Excel 10 10
Medical Terminology I 60 0
English Fundamentals 30 0
Anatomy & Physiology I, II & III 90 0
Medical Office Procedures 30 0
Medical Math 30 0
Nutrition & Wellness 30 0
Employability I & II 30 10
Law & Ethics 30 0
Pharmacology I & II 60 0
Cultural Diversity 30 0
Phlebotomy 20 0
EKG 20 0
Medical Coding 30 0
Medical Assisting I, II & III 60 30
Externship 0 220
• Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
• Health Care Provider CPR/First Aid
• WCCC Certificate of Program Completion
• $60 Application Fee (non-refundable)
• Tuition: $11,900 (includes: textbooks, 1 set of scrubs, FBI/BCI background check, testing fees.) (Program fees subject to change due to unanticipated price increases.)
*Note: The 220 hour externship is scheduled after the program end date.
Program Start Date:
Call Coordinator for 2019 start date.
Classes held Monday thru Thursday 5:00-9:30pm
Call the Program Coordinator: 513-932-8145 ext. 5356
See the How to Enroll in a Full Time Program section for details on enrollment and financial aid.
Are you interested in this program, but need to brush up on your academic skills? Check out our new FREE program, College & Career Ready