Pharmacy Technicians assist licensed pharmacists to provide medication and other health care products to patients. Technicians perform routine tasks to help prepare prescribed medications. They also perform administrative duties such as answering phones, stocking shelves, and operating credit card machines and cash registers. Employment of pharmacy technicians is projected to grow 20%from 2012-2022, much faster than the average for all occupations. Several factors will lead to increased demand for prescription medications.
Pharmacy technicians are required by the State of Ohio to complete an approved training program and meet certification requirements. Through the nationally recognized Pharmacy Technician training program, students are given the skills and knowledge to enable them to qualify for entry-level positions in pharmacies as well as prepare for national certification as a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT). Students will earn their CPhT (Certified Pharmacy Technician) certificate from NHA (National Healthcareer Association).
In addition to the coursework, students must complete an 80 hour unpaid externship, which is scheduled after all coursework is completed.
• High School diploma or GED
• Complete the WorkKeys assessment
• Attend an orientation meeting with the program coordinator
Required Prior to Externship:
• Pass FBI/BCI background check
• Required immunizations: Current Physical with TB (2-step), Hepatitis B Series, 2-MMR vaccines or titer, flu vaccine, and Tetanus.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
- Health Care Provider CPR
- WCCC Certificate of Program Completion
Includes: Application, Workkeys Assessment, textbooks, 1 set of scrubs, FBI/BCI background check, testing fee
Fees are subject to change due to unanticipated price increases
Program Start Dates:
• May 19, 2018 – August 25, 2018 Saturdays from 9:00am-1:00pm
• September 1, 2018 – December 15, 2018 Saturdays from 9:00am-1:00pm
• January 12, 2019 – April 27, 2019 Saturdays from 9:00am-1:00pm
• May 4, 2019 – August 10, 2019 Saturdays from 9:00am-1:00pm
• August 24, 2019 – December 7, 2019 Saturdays from 9:00am-1:00pm
To register or for more information:
Call the Program Coordinator: 513-932-8145 ext. 5356