The Aerospace Academy offers pilot and aviation mechanic/avionics technician classes in a two-year program to juniors and seniors at the Warren County Airport. During the first year students attend a private pilot ground school to prepare them to take the FAA Knowledge Test. Students practice hands on with FAA approved ELITE flight simulator. During the second year, students focus on aircraft maintenance with aircraft components and sheet metal assembly in the aircraft hangar. During the last part of the program, students focus on preparing for the Aircraft Electronics Technician certification. Students will gain hands on skills in aircraft Avionics by repairing and inspecting aircraft electrical system components; crimping and splicing wiring to Boeing process specifications; repairing pins and sockets of aircraft connectors; inspecting, troubleshooting, installing, and servicing airframe electrical wiring, controls, switches, indicators, and protective devices and the build-up of wire bundles. Curriculum is designed around real world aviation needs and college education is highly recommended and encouraged.
- Avionics Technician
- Aviation Mechanic
- Aerospace Technician
- Air Traffic Controller
- Aircraft Dispatcher
- Flight Attendant
- Airport Manager
- Airline Manager/Executive
Some careers noted require additional education
- Flight Planning
- VOR/NDB/GPS Navigation
- Aerodynamic Theory
- Federal Aviation Administration Regulations
- Aircraft Electronics and Avionics
- Aircraft Maintenance
- Aerospace Manufacturing
- Air Traffic Control
- Demonstrate the appropriate mastery of aerospace processes and technology in order to apply techniques and hands on skills for the maintenance, manufacturing, operations, and/or support of aerospace vehicles.
- Apply and adapt the appropriate mathematics, science, and technology in problem definition and problem solutions.
- Demonstrate an ability to evaluate and identify problems, perform testing and measurement to understand problems, and to interpret the results of testing and evaluation to recognize and develop appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate effectively in a teaming environment, and utilize the tools necessary to communicate and appropriately lead in a team environment.
- Apply appropriate technical and decision-making tools to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Demonstrate effective written, oral, and presentation skills appropriate for leadership and communication.
- Demonstrate the skills to learn independently, and to understand the necessity for continued learning.
- Demonstrate an ability to understand professional, legal, ethical and social responsibilities.
- Demonstrate a respect for diversity.
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement needed in order to perform to an aerospace quality standard.
The Aerospace Academy has articulation agreements with Sinclair Community College for up to nine college credits and with Cincinnati State Technical and Community College for credit evaluation. Students will learn the theories and concepts needed to prepare for the Private Pilot Knowledge certification test and the Aircraft Electronics Technician (AET) certification test at the end of the two-year program. The Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) awards five (5) credit hours for achieving the AET certification. Many flight scholarships are awarded each year to students who apply. Flight school takes place outside of the school day by individual arrangement.
Job Shadow/Internships and Job Placement:
Students will participate in field trips and meet aviation industry personnel from a wide variety of careers within the industry.
Career Technical Student Organization:
Aerospace Academy students participate in SkillsUSA, a partnership of students, teachers and industry, working together to ensure America has a skilled workforce. All students also have the opportunity to participate in the Tech Prep Showcase through the Miami Valley Tech Prep Consortium.
Aerospace Academy at the Warren County Airport
2460 Greentree Road
Lebanon, Ohio 45036