Drive-up schedule pickup Thursday, Aug. 6, either 9 am to noon or 3 to 7 pm.
Important Information on High School Opening Changes
July 31, 2020
Dear Warren County Career Center Families:
I hope you and your families are continuing to stay healthy and safe. I know that we have given our students and their families a lot to consider as the WCCC and our home schools have all shared different plans for the start of the 2020-21 school year. I know that it has been extremely difficult planning for the new school year in these unprecedented times as things seem to change quickly. I am writing again today to share important information about the fall, when school will start up again for the 2020-2021 school year.
Our commitment to the health and safety of students and staff drives every decision we make. It drove the transition to remote learning this past March and it drives how we can best serve our students and staff now. Presently, the WCCC Reopening plan is tied to the state’s current color-coded COVID-19 Warning System. However, we feel that our revised plan suits our students and their families best after all of our home schools have resumed the start of school. Reopening plans for some of our home schools include them putting off their starting date until after Labor Day because of continued concerns about the virus. Factors such as these influenced the decision to move forward with the following adjustments outlined in the link at right.
Even though we currently are in an orange warning level, the WCCC has decided that we will start the year August 17, 2020 in a hybrid model of instruction for the first three weeks of the school year. Students will split time on campus for their career tech labs. Additionally, we are moving to remote learning experiences for academics. This is to ensure that we have a smaller amount of students on campus each day as we transition to having students on campus. See this entire plan at right, linked HERE.
High School Transportation Info
By law, transportation to and from WCCC is provided by each student’s partner district. Students may choose to drive to campus on their assigned day. Open enrolled students, who are not enrolled at one of WCCC’s partner districts, must provide their own transportation. Please check with your individual school district to understand their transportation plan for WCCC students.
Since transportation is provided by the partner school, please follow their individual guidelines relating to social distancing and wearing a face mask/covering when riding the school bus to/from WCCC. Once on WCCC’s campus a mask will be required.
Adult Education Open Protocols
Adult Education is open with lab instruction. The WCCC Authorized Testing Center is also open. The Aspire Office is operating vitrually for the summer. See the Aspire webpage for more info. WCCC’s prime consideration is for student safety and health during this attempt at returning students to their labs for this invaluable on-site hands-on training.
See CARES Act information at right.
In an effort to comply with governmental mandates, the following safety protocols are in place for Adult Education:
* Upon arrival, a non-contact thermometer will be used to monitor each student’s core body temperature before access to the building will be granted
* Building access will only be granted to students and staff members who have a core body temperature of less than 99.7°F
* Daily inquiries will be made related to symptoms consistent with Covid-19 infection
* Daily inquires will be made related to a student’s ingestion of medications which might reduce or disguise an elevated body temperature
* Staff and students will be required to wear masks which cover both mouth and nose for the entire duration of their time within the WCCC buildings
* Disinfection of your classroom will occur prior and after each class.
* All instruction will take place within the confines of the respective lab area.
* All campus common areas including the commons, break-rooms and vending machines will be off-limits to students
* Students will not be permitted to socially interact with students from other classes
* After a student enters campus property, they will be instructed not to leave the property for food or other reasons until the conclusion of their class
* If a student leaves the campus property for any reason before being dismissed or at the conclusion of the class, they will not be readmitted to the building on the same day