This program is fully accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
Cosmetology is one of the fastest growing careers in the Millennium. Job prospects are limitless. The Cosmetology program is designed to prepare students to take the State of Ohio Board of Cosmetology exam for licensure. The WCCC Cosmetology program is a Pivot Point member school. The Pivot Point Scientific Approach to Education includes the latest information and trends in Cosmetology.
Take a tour, click HERE! Tours are available on the first and third Tuesday of each month at 6:00 pm. You can meet the coordinator/instructor, explore financial aid, and enroll. See information on the latest start dates HERE.
The 1,500-Hour Cosmetology Program includes both theory classes and practical lab experiences in the school’s Cosmetology Salon. Students practice with live models, manikins and gain real work experience with individual clients and by participating in community service projects. Students will learn the art of hairstyling, including haircut, style, color, etc., as well as how to perform facials, manicures and pedicures. Students also improve their skills by completing a 150-hour externship experience in a local salon, spa, or other commercial settings. Program completers are eligible to take the Ohio State Board of Cosmetology License exam and earn the WCCC Certificate of Program Completion.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Complete the WorkKeys® Assessment
- Attend Program Orientation with Program Coordinator
• Program completers are eligible to take the Ohio State Board of Cosmetology and Barbering licensure exam.
• WCCC Certificate of Program Completion.
- Application Fee - includes non-refundable $30 registration fee and $45 WorkKeys® Assessment
- Tuition –
- 1,500-Hour Cosmetology Program: $15,010*
- Fees include Kit, Netbook computer, Pivot Point online textbook, workbooks, and videos
*Fees are subject to change due to material price increases.
Program Start Dates:
- For the next start date, click HERE.
- 60 weeks, class meets Mon through Thurs, 10:00 am-5:30 pm
• Program Length: 1500
• Theory Hours:428
• Lab Hours: 1072
CAREER-TECHNICAL INSTRUCTIONAL MODULES
Infection Control & Principles/Practices
Properties of the Hair & Scalp
Hair Procedures & Practices
Chemical Procedures & Practices
Manicure & Pedicure Procedures & Practices
Skin Care Procedures & Practices
Facial Make-Up & Brow Tinting
Salon Operations & Communication Skills
Cosmetology Laws & Rules
For more information, call 513-932-8145.
Are you interested in this program, but need to brush up on your academic skills? Check out our FREE program, College & Career Ready
The WCCC Salon/Lab offers services performed by students as a part of their learning process. To make an appointment, call 513-933-3947.