640 Hours, Location: WCCC Atrium Campus
This program is fully accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
The Adult Dental Assisting Program of the Warren County Career Center is designed to give adult learners relevant preparation to become successfully employed in Dental Assisting. Inherent in the program are opportunities for adult learners to emerge as skilled, productive individuals, trained in the latest technology, to meet the needs of industry.
Students are required to complete a 40 hour, unpaid externship in a local dental office as part of the 640 hour program. The externship is scheduled after all course work is completed.
• High School diploma or GED
• WorkKeys assessment
• Attend orientation meeting with program coordinator
Required Prior to Externship:
• Pass FBI/BCI background check
• Required immunizations: Physical with TB (one-step) skin test, Hepatitis B Series
Please note: WCCC does not require proof of COVID-19 vaccination. However, all of WCCC's partner clinical and externship sites do require the vaccination. Therefore, in order to complete the program, you will be required at some point to show your vaccination card.
• 18 years old
• High School Diploma or GED® or equivalent
• Hepatitis B series vaccinationCertifications:
• Registered Dental Assisting (RDA) with AMT (American Medical Technologists)
• State of Ohio Dental Radiographer's License
• Health Care Provider CPR/First Aid
• WCCC Certificate of Program Completion
• Dental Assisting National Board Exam (DANB) Students are eligible to sit for the exam when employed: not included in fees
• Theory Hours: 205
• Lab Hours: 395
• Clinical Hours: 40
CAREER-TECHNICAL INSTRUCTIONAL MODULES
Intro to Dentistry & Dental Assisting
Principle & Techniques of Disinfection, Instrument Processing & Sterilization
Dental Restorative Materials
Dental Laboratory Materials & Procedures
Dental Radiography Equipment & Radiation Safety
ORAL DIAGNOSIS & TREATMENT PLANNING
Oral Diagnosis & Treatment
Treatment Planning & Presentation
DENTAL OFFICE TECHNOLOGY
Dental Office Management Systems
Dental Insurance Processing
• Tuition-$7250.00 Fees Include - textbooks, 1 set of scrubs, FBI/BCI background check, testing fees
4:00-9:30pm Monday thru Thursday. Click HERE
for program start dates.
Theresa Orloff, Program Coordinator
Information on all medical programs HERE.
Are you interested in this program, but need to brush up on your academic skills? Check out our FREE program College & Career Prep!