- HVAC installer
- Refrigeration installer
- Refrigeration technician
- Equipment Sales
- Equipment Maintenance
- HVAC technician
- Service technician
- HVAC Engineer
Some careers noted require additional educationSkills Gained:
Certifications, College Credit
- Analyze and measure electrical values
- Troubleshoot single phase, split phase and three phase circuits and devices
- Analyze the mechanical refrigeration cycle and components
- Identify and perform soldering and brazing procedures
- Install, service and repair refrigeration and air conditioning equipment
- Identify and install forced-air heating systems
- Troubleshoot and service heating systems
- Assess and fabricate sheet metal
HVAC is certified by the National Center for Construction Education and Research and the Ohio Department of Education.
Hocking College accepts credit hours earned through the Contren Learning Series, the NCCER curriculum. Sinclair Community College accepts the first year of the HVAC high school program as Level I training. A $3,000 Tech Prep Scholarship through the Miami Valley Tech Prep Consortium to Sinclair Community College is available to students who meet the eligibility requirements. Students will have the opportunity to earn certification in EPA 608 and 410A.Internships & Job Placement
In the second year of the program, students may be eligible to start an apprenticeship program. Seniors are eligible for early job placement in the second half of the school year. The criteria for placement include instructor recommendation, grade point average and attendance.
Career-Technical Student Organization
HVAC students participate in SkillsUSA, a partnership of students, teachers and industry, working together to ensure Americal has a skilled workforce. All students also have the opportunity to participate in the Tech Prep Showcase through the Miami Valley Tech Prep Consortium.
For more information, contact instructor Deon Gephart at 513-932-5677 ext. 5223 or email email@example.com.