This program is fully accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning Jobs will grow two to three times the average growth forecast by U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook 2012-2013. The Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI), says its industry currently needs 27,000 new workers each year just to replace those who retire. The career opportunities in Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) are nearly limitless, and a career in the HVAC industry provides a dynamic and exciting career with many different job opportunities.
This is a 600-hour program that provides the required skills for entry level positions with companies that install, operate, troubleshoot and service light commercial and residential air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating equipment. Through classroom and “hands on” training, students will gain knowledge and practice skills necessary to equip them for success in the HVAC field.
Course Start Date:
Monday thru Thursday 5:30-9:30pm
- High school diploma or GED
- Complete the WorkKeys Assessment
- Physically able to perform heavy lifting
- Attend Program Orientation with program coordinator
• Total Program Hours: 600
• Theory Hours: 399
• Lab Hours: 201
Career-Technical Instructional Modules:
MODULE THEORY LAB
AC/DC Electrical Systems 20 16
All-Weather Systems 30 6
Basic Automatic Controls 19 17
Chilled Water Systems 30 6
Common Refrigeration I 24 12
Common Refrigeration II 14 22
Cooling Systems I 24 12
Cooling Systems II 14 22
Heating Systems I 24 12
Heating Systems II 14 22
Electric Motors 12 24
OSHA Safety 10 0
Basic Computer Skills 26 0
Refrigerant and Oil Chemistry Management 22 14
Safety, Tools, and Equipment 20 16
Theory of Heat 36 0
Capstone: Program Review/Certification 36 0
Communication and Career Preparation 24 0
- EPA section 608 and R-410A Certifications
- NATE (North American Technician Excellence) Universal or Industry Competency Exam (ICE-Residential) for HVAC Technicians
- OSHA 10-hour General Industry Certification
- American Heart First Aid/CPR Certification
- WCCC Certificate of Program Completion
- Application Fee: $75 (non-refundable)
- Tuition: $8,850 (includes books and tool kit)
For information, please call 513.933.3938.
Click on the link at right to see a short video on HVAC.
Ready to begin the enrollment process? Click HERE to register online.
Are you interested in this program, but need to brush up on your academic skills? Check out our FREE program, College & Career Ready