This program is fully accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
The State of Ohio Approved Phlebotomy Technician’s primary role is to collect blood for accurate and reliable test results. A phlebotomist can work in diverse health care settings and with all levels of health care professionals, from the physician to support staff. Employment of phlebotomist is projected to grow 27% from 2012-2022, much faster than the average for all occupations. Hospital, diagnostic laboratories, blood donor centers, and other locations will need phlebotomists to perform blood work. This course will provide the phlebotomy student with a working knowledge of collecting blood while emphasizing patient safety, quality assurance, universal and standard precautions. Lab time involving actual veinpunctures is embedded in each class.
In addition to the coursework, students must complete a 100 hour unpaid externship. The externship is scheduled after all coursework is completed. Students will earn their CPT (Certified Phlebotomy Technician) certificate from the NHA (National Healthcareer Association).
• High School diploma or GED
• WorkKeys assessment
• Attend an orientation meeting with the program coordinator
Required Prior to Externship:
• Pass FBI/BCI background check
• Required immunizations: Current Physical with TB (2-step), Hepatitis B Series, 2-MMR vaccines or titer, flu vaccine, and Tetanus.
• 18 years old
• High School Diploma or GED
• Most facilities require 50-75 successful sticks
• Certification from an accredited training program
• Health Care Provider CPR
• Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT)
• WCCC Certificate of Program Completion
• Tuition: $1,980 + $75 Application and WorkKeys fee
Includes: Application, WorkKeys assessment, textbook, 1 set of scrubs, FBI/BCI background check, testing fee
*Program fees subject to change due to unanticipated price increases.
Program Start/End Dates:
• January 12, 2021 – April 6, 2021 T/TH from 6:00-10:00pm
• May 4, 2021 – July 20, 2021 T/TH from 6:00-10:00pm
*Note: The 100 hour externship is scheduled after the program end date.
Ready to begin the enrollment process? Click HERE to register online.
Are you interested in this program, but need to brush up on your academic skills? Check our our FREE program, College & Career Ready
Call the Program Coordinator: 513-932-8145 ext. 5356 or email [email protected]