This program is fully accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
National outlook indicates a strong case for the need for welders. Long-term projections illustrate a shortfall of trained Welding Technicians. This number is growing at over 10% per year according to the National Center for Welding Education and Training. The career opportunities for Welding Technicians are nearly limitless, and a career in the Welding Industry provides for a dynamic and exciting career with many different job opportunities.
This 600-hour program correlates to the American Welding Society’s Guide for Training and Qualification of Personnel-Entry Level Welder. The student will gain the skills necessary to function in the welding industry.
Interested? Take a tour, click HERE! Tours are available on the first and third Tuesday of each month at 6:00 pm. You can meet the coordinator/instructor, explore financial aid, and enroll. For information on the program, click HERE.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Complete the WorkKeys Assessment
- Physically able to perform heavy lifting
- Attend Program Orientation with the Coordinator
• Total Program Hours: 600
• Theory Hours: 282
• Lab Hours: 318
Career-Technical Instructional Modules:
MODULE THEORY LAB
ARC Welding I 18 18
ARC Welding II 10 26
ARC Welding III 10 26
ARC Welding IV 10 26
Blueprint Reading/Schematics 36 0
Dimensional Metrology 16 20
MIG Welding I 18 18
MIG Welding II 10 26
MIG Welding III 10 26
MIG Welding IV 10 26
OSHA Safety 10 0
Basic Computer Skills 26 0
Technical Mathematics 36 0
TIG Welding I 18 18
TIG Welding II 10 26
TIG Welding III 10 26
TIG Welding IV 10 26
Career Readiness 24 0
- Registration Fee: $75 (non-refundable)
- Tuition: $8,500 (includes books and tool kit)
- American Welding Society (AWS) D1.1 Structural Certifications in TIG, MIG and ARC processes
- OSHA 10-hour General Industry Certification
- American Heart First Aid/CPR Certification
- WCCC Certificate of Program Completion
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. For information, call 513-932-8145.
Are you interested in this program, but need to brush up on your academic skills? Check out our FREE program, College & Career Ready