This program is fully accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
National outlook indicates a strong case for the need for welders. Long-term projections illustrate a shortfall of trained Welding Technicians. This number is growing at over 10% per year according to the National Center for Welding Education and Training. The career opportunities for Welding Technicians are nearly limitless, and a career in the Welding Industry provides for a dynamic and exciting career with many different job opportunities.
This 600-hour program correlates to the American Welding Society’s Guide for Training and Qualification of Personnel-Entry Level Welder. The student will gain the skills necessary to function in the welding industry.
Interested? Take a tour, click HERE! Tours are available on the first and third Tuesday of each month at 6:00 pm. You can meet the coordinator/instructor, explore financial aid, and enroll.
Course Start Dates:
Aug. 12, 2020
Monday thru Thursday 5:30-9:30pm
- High School Diploma or GED
- Complete the WorkKeys Assessment
- Physically able to perform heavy lifting
- Attend Program Orientation with the Coordinator
• Total Program Hours: 600Program Costs:
• Theory Hours: 282
• Lab Hours: 318
Career-Technical Instructional Modules:
MODULE THEORY LAB
ARC Welding I 18 18
ARC Welding II 10 26
ARC Welding III 10 26
ARC Welding IV 10 26
Blueprint Reading/Schematics 36 0
Dimensional Metrology 16 20
MIG Welding I 18 18
MIG Welding II 10 26
MIG Welding III 10 26
MIG Welding IV 10 26
OSHA Safety 10 0
Basic Computer Skills 26 0
Technical Mathematics 36 0
TIG Welding I 18 18
TIG Welding II 10 26
TIG Welding III 10 26
TIG Welding IV 10 26
Career Readiness 24 0
- Registration Fee: $75 (non-refundable)
- Tuition: $8,500 (includes books and tool kit)
- American Welding Society (AWS) D1.1 Structural Certifications in TIG, MIG and ARC processes
- OSHA 10-hour General Industry Certification
- American Heart First Aid/CPR Certification
- WCCC Certificate of Program Completion
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. For information, call 513-932-8145.
Ready to begin the enrollment process? Click HERE to register online.
Are you interested in this program, but need to brush up on your academic skills? Check out our FREE program, College & Career Ready