Skip To Main Content





Thank You For Your Service!

We welcome you as students and want to have all the information you need in one area on our website. Here are a few of the questions we most frequently get from Veterans:

Can I use my Veterans Education benefits at the Warren County Career Center?
Yes, simply notify the VA that you would like to continue your education at the Warren County Career Center. You can do this by either calling the VA directly at 888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) or by visiting the VA website at

What programs are eligible for Veterans Education benefits?
The Warren County Career Center has a variety of options for both full time and part time programs. To see a complete list of approved programs, please visit

What documents do I need to provide to the Warren County Career Center’s financial aid office?
In order to certify your enrollment with the VA, please bring a copy of your DD214 and your Certificate of Eligibility.
How does the VA know when I begin classes?
Once attendance for the first class has been verified, WCCC certifies you on the VA’s School Certifying website.
I am going to be receiving Veteran’s Education Benefits. Can I still apply for financial aid?
Yes, you can apply for financial aid by completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at

Do I have to wait until I test or get accepted into the program before applying for financial aid?
No, you may complete the FAFSA at any time, as a matter of fact we encourage you to go on-line at and get started. It is the student’s responsibility to complete the FAFSA.

I have already completed a FAFSA for this award year. Do I complete another one if I want to attend your school?
No, you only apply one time during an award year. All you need to do is add our school code at the end of your FAFSA (015848).

I don’t think I will qualify for Pell, but can I still apply for student loans?
Yes, your income doesn’t matter except that it may cause all or some of your loan funds to be unsubsidized (unsubsidized means that interest will be accruing during your in-school and grace period).

 I am currently attending another school. Can my aid just transfer to your school?
No, any current loans would be canceled when you leave the other school and you will have to re-apply for new loans. You may not be able to get full new loan amounts if there is an overlapping loan period between schools. If you have Pell, you will be awarded based on the percentage you have already used at the other school. For example, your award at the other school was $4050 and you used 50% ($2025). Your award here is $3700. You have 50% remaining eligibility so the maximum amount for this school would be $1850 ($3700 X 50%).

I currently have a student loan in default status. Can I still get my Pell grant?
No, if you are in default you are not able to receive any Title IV aid. Once the default is resolved you will again be eligible. Any default status must be completely resolved at least one month prior to the program start date. If you are already in the program and go into default your aid will be suspended and you will become responsible for tuition and fees.

 I don’t have very good credit. Will this stop me from getting a student loan?
No, Direct student loans are not credit based. There are loans however, that are credit based such as the Direct Parent Plus Loan and alternative student loans.